Our Proven Process
CARE AND OPERATIONS
– 24/7 surveillance/security of the staff and the clients in the premise through effective and efficient systems and processes.
-Hire and retain staff that share Lantern’s core values and core focus.
-Daily management meeting to set the course and direction.
-Quarterly staff training to ensure that all the operational standards exceed the state standards.
– Daily and quarterly monitors to ensure that the daily operation is in line with Lantern’s vision, mission, core values and core focus
PROGRAM DIRECTOR- SVAYUS
– Enhance client independence and maximize functional potential in the areas of attention span, basic orientation, 2 step directions, sequencing, activities of daily living and functional mobility.
– Mandatory monthly and quarterly education and training of all staff on basic and advanced dementia care and intervention.
– Empower nurses at Lantern to be compassionate and knowledgeable experts in order to provide love and care to clients and their family.
-JIVE, a journey in vitality and endurance through therapeutic exercise to maintain and improve our client’s physical abilities and to enable them function at their highest level of independence.
– Offer staff consistency to meet our client’s emotional and physical needs.
– Mandatory monthly education and training to our caregiver staff to ensure compliance to Lantern’s
vision, mission, core values and core focus.
-Mandatory quarterly education and training to our caregiver staff to excel and exceed state and industry care standards.
-Inspire and encourage the caregiver staff through positive motivation to stay and grow with the Lantern.
Food Quality and Safety:
– Ensuring proper food temperature
– Ensure appropriate diets
– Our staff is CPR and First Aid Certified.
Providing new menus to ensure variety
– Ethnic Buffets
– Salad Bar
– Pizza Friday
– Happy hour
Special Family Meals
– Thanksgiving and Easter Buffets
– Give clients the opportunity to provide a meal to their families.
– Snacks twice a day-At 2 pm and at 7pm
– 24/7 Bistros with fruit, beverages, sandwiches and homemade baked goods
– Availability of alternative menu to client preference.
– Feeding set up- Chop meats, fruits, vegetables to client preference.
– Client transportation to and from dining room.
– Monthly mandatory staff education.
– County Health department person is in Charge of Food Safety of all dietary staff.
– Monthly dietary consults by a registered dietician.
– Happy hour
– Family Nights
– Activities in the evening
– Lunch bunch-Clients pick their favorite restaurant to eat out monthly.
– Weekly shopping trips
– Evening and surprise Bingo games for those clients that are night owls.
– Dessert group for our clients that love to cook. Pick a recipe, bake it and enjoy it.
– Pretty nails-Manicures, nail polish and hand massage for both men and women.
– Massage therapy-complimentary massage offered twice a month.
– Ice cream socials
– Holiday meals with families-Easter and thanksgiving
ENVIRONMENT AND PLANT MANAGEMENT
– Provide a safe and a clean environment.
– 24/7 on call services.
– Annual deep cleaning.
– We fix it right the first time.
– Same day Service.
– Provide personal touch to laundry where clothing doesn’t need to be marked.
SALES AND MARKETING
– Offer hope and support to the community through 1 on 1 personal meetings and free educational seminars.
– Assist in putting clients and family minds at ease through education, support and exceptional care and services.
– A thorough and an honest assessment in an environment that is safe and comfortable to our client.
– Coordination with outside providers to gather information (records, specific preferences/needs) to plan a smooth transition into Lantern community.
– Communicate and coordinate care and resources with management and direct care staff at the Lantern to facilitate a seamless transition into the Lantern community.
– Available at all times to take calls and answer any questions from potential and current clients and their families.
– Enquiry calls returned within 24 hours by the sales/marketing director or an assigned designee.
– Sales/marketing team attends community events to offer support and information.
– Forge partnerships and engage with area hospitals to educate and transform their systems and processes to help individuals with Alzheimer’s transition in and out of the hospital.
– Develop and build a partnership with all our care partners (Doctors, Hospitals, and Rehabilitation units, Social workers) around trust and Lantern’s core values.
– Face of the Lantern. We are the first contact to the outside world. Share with our potential clients the entire Lantern’s proven process.